The Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney is committed to the physical, emotional, spiritual welfare and safety of all people, particularly within its own community. To ensure the safety of children and vulnerable people in our communities, the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney, in conjunction with the Anglican Church of Australia, will –
- Carefully recruit and train its clergy and church workers,
- Adopt and encourage safe ministry practices by its clergy and church workers,
- Respond promptly to each concern raised about the behaviour of its clergy and church workers,
- Offer pastoral support to any person who has suffered abuse, and
- Provide supervision of and pastoral accountability as defined by the Diocese of Sydney.
Note this policy is individually adopted by every parish within the Anglican Diocese of Sydney
- More detailed information on policies
- Information tailored to specific roles in our church
- Information and help for survivors of abuse.
- Course Info, Bookings, Documents and Resources for training our church.